highlights: moist, perfect for breakfast, source of protein | lowlights: none | rating 3/5
coconut flour banana & wild blueberry muffins
makes 12-14 muffins
adapted from health extremist: paleo blueberry muffins AND the prime pursuit: banana sweetened coconut flour muffins
for the wet ingredients
- 340 g (1-1/3 cups) mashed super-ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 6 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons softened raw honey
for the dry ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, made with 2 parts cream of tartar and one part baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- 140 g (1 cup) frozen wild blueberries, do not thaw
preheat oven to 200 C (400 F). generously grease 2 – 12 hole muffin pans with coconut oil or use liners.
in a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients until well combined.
in another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients until well combined. add to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
gently fold in the blueberries and divide the batter into the muffin pan wells.
bake in the middle of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and a cocktail stick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the muffins.